Saturday, June 13, 2009

Changes!!

We have been battling with Mariah's skin for months now. She breaks out in red patches all over her body and then after a couple days they go away. They don't seem to bother her, but they are annoying the heck out of me. Is it ring worm, eczema, rash or irritation?????? Our pediatrician kept saying it was eczema, but all the lotions and washes we tried were not preventing new patches. Then my friend Abby found our new miracle in a bottle, California Baby products. It is very expensive but you can find it at Target. The bottles run about 18.00 to 20.00 a bottle. Let me just say miraculous. In two days her patches were almost gone, and we haven't seen any new ones in a week!!! Thank you Jesus!!! We are only using the body wash, lotion and sun block right now, but we will probably try their other products as needed.



In other Mariah news, as well as standing and starting to walk (3 steps so far) she has discovered the stairs. She has always known they were there, but didn't dare to defy my scolds to climb them. Well apparently at 9 months she has become brave. Jordan and I each thought the other had her, well no one did. In a panic, I found her halfway up the stairs. Okay, now the gate at the bottom of the stairs is a permanent fixture. I do feel sorry for Chase, who at 3 now has to yell and plea for Jordan and I to lift him over it.

The other day I felt so bad for him. I was upstairs dressing Mariah with the top gate locked and Chase was downstairs playing. I had left the bottom gate on because I knew we were going to be back downstairs to play. Chase started whining for help and I yelled back he would just have to play patiently in the playroom until we returned. Well apparently he got tired of waiting and climbed the bottom gate, but to his dismay the top gate was also locked. Now he was stuck in the middle with no where to go. I found him 10 minutes later on the middle step with his hands on his knees saying "I'm still waiting."

By the way, in these next two pictures Jordan is just out of view of the camera. I didn't want anyone to think I would endanger Mariah just for a good picture!!!!

No comments: