Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Mariah!!!

I start as all moms do, I can't believe my baby is 1! But time does fly, especially when you have other munchkins at home. Mariah was born on a Wednesday, I do remember that much. At 6:54 after almost 24 hours of labor. I never imagined I would love a little girl so much. Mariah brings a joyful almost musical bounce into every room she enters. She has big beautiful blue eyes and the biggest grin squashed in between two huge chipmunk cheeks. She is very sweet and likes to be brave and independent. She adores her brother Chase and is lostfully lonely when he leaves the room. She is such a blessing and I thank God for handpicking her for our family.


Jordan was gone all day/night with work, but I was not going to let that stop me celebrating her special day. Some friends and I took our kids to the mall play area and the kids had a blast. We ate lunch and then headed home for naps, crucial for my kids! While the kids were napping I made homemade banana pudding for our birthday dessert. My parent came over to help celebrate. Mariah was not at all intimidated by the large plate of sugar in front of her!


We did present with Jordan the night before, but I think Chase had more fun with her "birthday toys" as he calls them.

No comments: