Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chase's Birthday!

It has been a crazy week for me, so it is a week late that I am posting birthday pictures. Sorry! We did a small party this year, just close friends and family. With two kids it is getting harder to do some things. We did a Curious George theme this year, anything to get away from Thomas the Train!!! So on request from my 3-year-old, I had to make a "George face cake." I do have to mention that after being up bright and early that Saturday, slaving away for the George cake, and proudly displaying my efforts to him, he says "Mama, I don't want a George face birthday cake, I want Thomas." I kept the grumblings to myself said what any mother would have said, "Maybe next year dear."

The George face cake! Three hours to make and only 5 minutes to eat!!
Jordan told me to send it in to Ace of Cakes, but I think they could do much better.


I think at three, kids finally have the excitement of ripping paper.






Chase's present from Grammy and Grandaddy (my parents), a Home Depot workbench. Its actually quite neat, it has pretend wood with things you can make. Not to mention the very loud circular saw Jordan bought to go with it.


Chase's first bike, a present from Paw Paw and Dana (Jordan's parents).

Uncle Dave showing Chase how to really ride a bike.

The kids first dinner party outside, apparently there was lots to chat about!!

No comments: