Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sorry kids . . . . . . Mama is CHEAP!!

Mariah is in love with the movie Tangled, in fact sometimes I think she believes she is Rapunzel (Oh to be 3 and have an imagination). She wears her Rapunzel dress daily and I was looking for some hair for her.
Well my mom did buy her one (aka: 5 feet of long tangly mess that are still to be found all over our house and in Ayla's diaper, Oh yes!!) which after 1 month turned into an enormous hair ball. It was later disposed of while my pretty one was sleeping :).

I found a few yarn alternatives that were beautiful but I still couldn't bring myself to pay 30.00 for. SO . . . . one must get creative. Walmart yarn, hot glue, and .99 flowers = Rapunzel hair for 2.79 and I probably have enough to make fifty of these. And she loves it, and that's all that matters!!!


2 comments:

Julie Mills said...

LOVE THIS! I also have a 3 year old who dons her Rapunzel dress daily. I'm definitely going to use your idea (even though I'm not the least bit crafty). Thank you!

Shelley said...

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this and will have to do this for my girls for Christmas. I refuse the buy the hair because I know it will turn into a tangled mess.